This is a case from one of Pakistan electrical power transformer supplier, they are enquiry about power transformer cooling panel type radiators.
Panel radiators brief statement:
Fin sheet thickness 1.2 mm
Header Pipe dia. 80 mm (outside diameter: 88.9 mm, tube wall thickness 4.75mm)
panel type radiators
The panel type radiators technical & manufacturing requirements as follows:
PANEL TYPE RADIATORS OF POWER TRANSFORMER APPLICATIONS
- Panel type radiators would be used for cooling of power transformers.
- These radiators would be fixed through flanges to the tank body of the transformer and shall be fitted with a valve at each point of connection to the tank with drain and filling plugs.
transformer panel radiator
PANEL TYPE RADIATORS OF POWER TRANSFORMER TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The design shall be prevent accumulation of water on outside surface. To be accessible for cleaning and repainting. to drain completely into the tank,and to vent thoroughly into the tank without residual air pockets where the tank is being filled with oil.
- The panel radiator would be made from C.R. carbon steel sheets of thickness 1.2mm welded together as per drawing.
- Each set would comprise of such panels with configuration as per drawing to develop natural cooling areas 30m2 and force cooling area 32.5m2
- The upper and lower oil collecting boxes and the panels of the radiators to be welded must be kept parallel after welding.
- Both upper and lower flanges of the radiator must be kept on the same plane perpendicular to the ground level. The inclination in all the directions of the flanges should not exceed +-1mm.
- The finished radiator should be able to withstand the pressure test of 50663Pa without any leakage.
- It should withstand mechanical strength test under the condition of 101325 Pa vacuum pressure without any sot of damage and permanent deformation.
- Each radiator should be packed in wooden packing as per drawing.
- Phosphated and insulating varnish from inside of pipe and fins.
- Phosphated and Epoxy Powder Coating Paint Smoke Gray from out side.
- Paint thickness min. 150 uM